Over the last ten years, Ramtech Building System has worked as a major subcontractor to Hensel Phelps Construction Company on numerous federal projects. Recently, Hensel Phelps selected Ramtech to build a permanent modular barracks facility at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, TX. Ramtech was chosen not only because its pricing was competitive, but it was clearly the most experienced modular construction contractor. “We have designed, manufactured, and constructed sophisticated permanent modular buildings for the federal government since 1982, and our technical team that includes engineering, production, construction, safety, and quality control managers and employees are superior to any other modular company in the Southwest.”
The Fort Sam Houston project is a four story AIT barrack facility that will be utilized by the US Army. It is 113,300 square feet and all design, manufacturing, and site construction is expected to be completed within 16 months. Other modular construction projects completed by Ramtech for Hensel Phelps include:
- Air Force Academy Colorado Springs: 20,000 sq ft transitional Medical Facility
- Ft Hood Texas: 120,000 sq ft of Army Barracks for 4th Infantry Division
- Ft Bliss Texas: 400,000 sq ft of Company Operations Facilities, US Army
- Ft Polk Louisiana: 68,000 sq ft Army Operation Facilities, Foreign Security Transition Forces
- Dallas, Texas, Love Field: 15,000 sq ft joint Administration offices Southwest Airlines & Dallas Aviation
These permanent modular building projects total 740,000 square feet and each and every project has been successfully completed on-time, on budget and accepted by the owner.
Gary White is Vice President of Sales & Estimating at Ramtech Building Systems, Inc. He has been in the commercial modular industry for 33 years and is responsible for the management of all sales and estimating efforts across each of Ramtech’s key market segments: Education, Government, Medical, and Commercial.